We are committed to school equity as a means for creating a stronger community. To achieve these goals, we’ve developed a short list of principles Montgomery County Public Schools can follow to help close the achievement gap. This isn’t a complete list, and we always welcome suggestions.
- EQUITY. Allocate resources according to educational load to ensure that each child receives instruction and supports according to her needs in order to receive a world-class education.
- LEADERSHIP. Competent and effective leadership at all levels, with commitment to accountability, transparency and results.
- ACCESS. Ensure that all students are able to access the excellent opportunities MCPS has to offer, according to ability and desire, and are actively recruited and encouraged to achieve.
- DIVERSITY. Promote hiring practices so that professional staffing reflects student population.
- COMMUNITY. Stimulate (support) use of school facilities as a center of community activities.
- PARTNERSHIP. Actively seek to establish and maintain partnerships with businesses and non-profits for the benefit of students.